H in Cordierite
Updated 2/22/2020 by GR Rossman
- Schreyer W, Yoder HS (1964) The system Mg cordierite-H2O and
related rocks. Neues Jahrbuch fuer Mineralogie, Abhandlungen 101,
- Farrell EF, Newnham RE (1967) Electronic and vibrational absorption spectra in cordierite. American Mineralogist, 52, 380–388
- Goldman DS, Rossman GR, Dollase WA (1977) Channel
constituents in cordierite. American Mineralogist 62, 1144-1157.
- Carson DG, Rossman GR, Vaughan RW (1982) Orientation and motion of water
molecules in cordierite: a proton nuclear magnetic resonance study.
Physics and Chemistry of Minerals 8, 14-19
- Aines RD, Rossman GR (1984) The high temperature behavior
of water and carbon dioxide in cordierite and beryl. American
Mineralogist 69, 319-327
K. (1989) Types of water in natural and synthetic emerald. Neues
Jahrbuch flir Mineralogie Monatshefte, I, 15-26.
- Shannon, R.D., Marinao, A.N., and Rossman, G.R. (1992) Effect of H2O and CO2 on
dielectric properties of single-crystal cordierite and comparison with
polycrystalline cordierite. Journal of the American Ceramic Society,
- Winkler B, Coddens G, Hennion B (1994) Movement of channel H2O in cordierite observed with quasi-elastic neutron scattering. American Mineralogist 79, 801-808
- Kolesov BA, Geiger CA (2000) Cordierite II: The role of CO2 and H2O. American Mineralogist 85, 1265-1274.
- Harley SL, Carrington DP (2001) The Distribution of H2O between Cordierite and Granitic Melt: H2O
Incorporation in Cordierite and its Application to High-grade
Metamorphism and Crustal Anatexis. Journal of Petrology
- Della Ventura G, Radica F, Bellatreccia F, Cavallo A, Capitelli F, Harley S (2012) Quantitative analysis of H2O and CO2 in cordierite using polarized FTIR spectroscopy. Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology 164, 881–894
- Della Ventura G, Radica F, Bellatreccia F, Freda C, Cestelli Guidi M (2015) Speciation and diffusion profiles of H2O in water‑poor beryl: comparison with cordierite. Physics and Chemistry of Minerals 42, 735-745.